The Camp Leads at AdventurePlex Summer Camp ensure that children are challenged physically and intellectually in a safe, structured environment filled with mazes, tunnels, an indoor gym, crafts, music, and dance, all while developing self-esteem, social skills, and being physically active.
Camp Mission - To foster all camper’s health and Social Emotional Wellness by providing a positive and memorable experience and offering innovative programming in a clean and safe environment under the supervision of trained and enthusiastic staff.
Goals and Objectives – To provide opportunities that promote the development of camper’s self-esteem and social development.
- Campers develop friendships with fellow campers through a variety games and activities led by staff.
- Campers will participate in skits and talent shows.
- Campers will interact with children of diverse backgrounds.
- To provide activities for campers to learn the importance of setting goals and challenging themselves.
- Campers have the opportunity to participate in rock wall climbing and the ropes course.
- Staff will guide and encourage campers to participate in new experiences while at camp.
- Staff guide group behavior in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- To empower and teach campers Social Emotional Wellness.
- Staff will act as role models with their choices and behavior.
- Campers will participate in mindfulness activities.
- Campers will have opportunities to learn to develop in an environment that empower self-awareness and social awareness.
First Aid/CPR - Camp Leads learn how to recognize and respond to shock, cardiac, and breathing emergencies as well as basic first aid for minor and major injuries.
Mental Health First Aid – This is a skills-based training course that teaches Camp Leads about mental health and substance-use issues.
Diversity Training - Being inclusive not only means that you welcome campers regardless of age, sex, race, nationality, orientation, and disability, but also ensure that the camp activities do not make anyone feel like an outsider. A sense of emotional safety is often dictated by the campers and how well they treat one another. The Aplex Camp Leads discuss how to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures. As an Aplex Camp Lead, it is their responsibility to maintain an atmosphere where campers’ differences are celebrated.
Behavior Management – AdventurePlex trains Camp Leads in becoming proactive, positive problemsolvers who anticipate and design interventions to prevent instances in which campers are likely to experience a behavioral challenge that interferes with the camp activity.
Camper Supervision – Camp Leads learn different supervision techniques and are monitored throughout camp to ensure they are compliant. We take supervision seriously to ensure our campers will have a safe and incident-free experience.
Emergency Procedure Training - It is essential that our Camp Leads receive emergency training to be prepared for unexpected situations. By planning for emergencies and practicing how to respond in advance, our Camp Leads will be well equipped to deal with them in the future.