Blue Zones Project is working with grocery stores throughout the Beach Cities to give customers more options to make healthier choices. Look for the Blue Zones Grocery Store® decal to find a participating grocery store in your neighborhood.
Virtual Blue Zones Project Cooking Show
Friday, May 14
1 - 2 p.m.
Be Kind to your Mind
Support your mental health with brain healthy recipes. In collaboration with Dr. Ayesha Sherzai and Healthy Minds Initiative.
Previous Virtual Blue Zones Project Nutrition Workshops
Learn about Blue Zones inspired food and get a taste of how to live longer, better.
- January 2021: New Year, Fresh Start!
- March 2021: Eating Well During Cancer Treatment
- April 2021: Eating Well After Cancer Treatment
Previous Virtual Blue Zones Project Cooking Shows
- July 2020: Summer Dishes
- August 2020: National Peach Month
- September 2020: Better Breakfast Month
- October 2020: Boosting Your Immune System
- November 2020: Thankgiving Bites
- December 2020: Holiday Treats
Blue Zones Project Approved Grocery Stores
Why I became a Blue Zones Grocery Store: “GROW's experience becoming a Blue Zones Grocery Store was not only good for our customers but good for our family, our employees and our business. The process helped us learn more about the items we offer and give advice to customers to help them make a healthier choice when shopping. From a business stand point, the cross marketing of Blue Zone foods has helped our sales, but the Blue Zone labels in the shop have had the most positive effect for GROW.” – Barry Fisher, owner, GROW neighborhood market