Blue Zones Project® is working with grocery stores throughout the Beach Cities to give customers more options to make healthier choices. Look for the Blue Zones Project Approved™ Grocery Store decal to find a participating grocery store in your neighborhood.
Grocery Outlet - Grocery Outlet has pledged to encourage healthy eating through promotion of healthier beverages, implementing environmental changes and providing nutrition education for shoppers. See Grocery Outlet’s Weekly circular here.
5 Blue Zones Project Healthy Changes to Look Out for
- You can find non-sugar sweetened beverages and healthy snacks in Grocery Outlet’s brand-new Blue Zones Project® Checkout Lane.
- Fun facts about your favorite produce and healthy foods are on display throughout the store with information on why they are good for you.
- Check out the new Blue Zones Project designated section for non-perishable goods you can incorporate into your favorite recipes that sustain health and wellness.
- Look for healthy grab-and-go lunches and produce on display near the entrance to the store.
- To help kids make healthier choices, cereals with the lowest nutritional value are stocked higher to reduce the likelihood of getting picked.
- You can find information about the five original Blue Zones® communities where people are living longer, healthier lives.
Discover more about ways to incorporate healthy eating into your diet at bchd.org/healthyeating.
Why I became a Blue Zones Project Approved™ Grocery Store: “GROW's experience becoming a Blue Zones Approved Grocery Store was not only good for our customers but good for our family, our employees and our business. The process helped us learn more about the items we offer and give advice to customers to help them make a healthier choice when shopping. From a business stand point, the cross marketing of Blue Zones foods has helped our sales, but the Blue Zones labels in the shop have had the most positive effect for GROW.” – Barry Fisher, owner, GROW neighborhood market