A new committee of young leaders will focus on the health priorities and needs of Beach Cities teens.
Youth Advisory Council members:
- Offer recommendations on youth health issues
- Provide feedback on BCHD’s youth-centered programming, including the Purpose Series and mindfulness activities
- Serve as ambassadors and leaders of health
Students ages 13-18 attending the following schools are eligible to join:
- Adams Middle School
- Hermosa Valley School
- Manhattan Beach Middle School
- Mira Costa High School
- Parras Middle School
- Redondo Shores High School
- Redondo Union High School
Download the recruitment flyer here
Youth Advisory Council members will be recognized at the BCHD Board of Directors meeting in June 2018. Students are also eligible to receive community service hours for their participation.
Interested in joining the Youth Advisory Council? Please contact Shana Morro, Social-Emotional Health Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.