The goal of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation is to reduce the prevalence of childhood obesity and to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits.
The Alliance’s Healthy Schools Program brings parents, school staff, and students together to turn campuses into healthier places.
In 2017-18, all Redondo Beach Unified School District schools were awarded designation by the Alliance for their implementation of Healthy School programs.
Best Practices and Resources:
Healthy Incentives and Celebrations
Healthy Incentives and Celebrations Videos
- Is it really just a cupcake - how healthy celebrations can be fun and rewarding
- The impact on rewarding students with food and tips on how reward students in
a fun, healthy way
- Healthy FUNdraising ideas for your school
Healthy Habits and Recipes
- Tips to drink more water
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation Recipes
- LiveWell recipes
- Looking for snacks that are USDA compliant? Check out the Alliance for a Healthier Generation Store on Amazon
For more information, please contact:
School Health Programs Coordinator
(310) 374-3426, ext. 125